Recording – On YouTube (unlisted) – https://youtu.be/Em7ILFRX_s0
This week’s Topic: Build and Run Your Career Transition Plan.
Personal Marketing Plan
Networking Profile – https://ncwiseman.com/2013/06/network-profile/
Networking to find the place I ‘belong’ / want to be in. BHAG – Big Hairy Audacious Goal(s)
SMART Goals – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timebound (Stepping Stone Goals)
Teddy’s basic plan idea (add to it for you)
- Who Am I! (Get into conversations, study, research, dream, define boundaries)
- Marketing Content – 15-second commercial, Resume, LinkedIn Profile, business card, references, recommendations, accomplishments (dragon-slaying story, Par Statements – https://ncwiseman.com/2012/10/par-statements/)
- Network to get into the right conversations with the right people. (Influencers, target audience)
- Promote – market yourself on the right channels, in front of the right people.
- Prospect – purposeful, focused, with a plan (find it, figure it out, find a connection, get into a conversation, may apply)
- Study the Job description & the actual requirements
- Keep networking around the job idea, company, role, etc.
- Keep track of every conversation, Be persistent, Circle Back
- Everyone is not going to help you, now
- More research on the company – culture, department, who are the people, what the challenge, Talk with current & Past Employees
- Prepare for the phone screen
- Prepare for the interview
- Follow thru on the phone screen & interview with appreciative & relative messaging.
- Add value to the interview discussion, what else can I offer, how else can I help.
This week’s Interview question: What do you look for in a job?
Thanks Inez – challenge me, help me grow, let me provide value to the company, collaborative environment, support business leaders & the employees
Be careful sharing too much of what you want to an interviewer. Do research before, during, and after the interview to discover if the job has what you really want.
Spin the answer into a conversation about the job, the challenge, and how you can help them relevant to what you bring to the table.
What are you doing this week to move your self forward in your career journey?
IE – Networking
RK – Networking, develop my focus on who I am
DM – Networking, two calls with staffing companies,
VS – mediate, share blog and work with others
GJ – Purposeful calls with people to learn more about what they are doing, repeating the processes,
MJ – Follow up with 3 companies, more LinkedIn Profile work, applying to targeted jobs
SR – work on LinkedIn Profile, Networking
This week’s challenge – Draft out your plan, you will execute
Next week topics:
- How do I present myself as not Over Qualified?
- How long would it take you to make a meaningful contribution to our firm?
Reminder, join us on Wednesdays with Randy Wooden – Noon – 1pm – Register here – https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_hahMBznjQkqJcfizG4zdvw
Find more virtual meetings for job seekers here – https://ncwiseman.com/2020/04/virtual-meeting-list/
Join us on Social Media