On YouTube (unlisted) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUBXFz4rq3Q
This week’s Topic: What are you doing to prepare for your next interview?How are you preparing for the next conversation?
- Become prepared to speak to what you have been doing during ’this’ pandemic.
- ‘Play with your stories’ – practice putting them into relevant statements around the role/work.
- Keep learning
- Practice the basic questions we expect the interviewer to ask us.
- Get a ‘tad’ more familiar with this technology stuff.
- Skills exercises to become more familiar with the skills I have and become comfortable articulating them in the conversation
- Networking & getting into conversations with people relevant to the career goals
- ‘Pick their brains’ for ideas.
- Do the private debriefing session.
- Review your purpose & goal so you are more focused on the right next interviews (conversations).
- How much time are in you investing in this practice & preparation work?
- Network to uncover interview or at least pre-interview conversations.
From Wayne – How to discover your most valuable skills: exercises, worksheets and quizzes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7SA0R1neqw
This week’s Interview question: What are your weak points? Try to tie your answer to the role/company. Can you turn a weakness into a strength, but showing how you redirect and overcome in such a way as to be better.
What are you doing this week to move your self forward in your career journey?
V. – Doing research on certification ideas. Will deliver a 10 minute script to a group. Join a FB group.
S. – Contact your weak ties.
G. – More virtual meetings – 3 groups (Lake Norman SHRM), Leadership, Myers Briggs discussions
D. – get more exercise, Open the Window!!! Do more Self-evaluation around ‘what do I want to do when I grow up?’
R. – Preparing for a workshop
Your target companies &/or individuals – share in chat box, in what role.Be prepared next week to share with others what companies and people you are trying to connect with. You never know, someone in the session may know someone you need to connect with and get into a conversation with.
This week’s challenge – Ask yourself – Who Am I and who do I want to interview (get into a conversation) with?
Next week topics:
- You don’t need a job. You only need to create revenue.
- How did you do in school?
Reminder, join us on Wednesdays with Randy Wooden – Noon – 1pm – Register here – https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_hahMBznjQkqJcfizG4zdvw
Find more virtual meetings for job seekers here – https://ncwiseman.com/2020/04/virtual-meeting-list/