Winston-Salem Business Expo
I was fortunate to be asked to attend this year’s Winston-Salem Business & Innovation Expo & Tech Briefing at the Benton Convention Center.
I have been going to this event for about ten years and having worked in Winston-Salem for over the past 16 years. Being involved in this city has blessed me with lots of great connections and friends. Thus, for me, the Winston-Salem Business Expo is one big party for me.
Besides the dozens of new people I got to meet this year, I got to say hello to scores of business connections, many far more than just connections, true friends.
Of the approximately 120 exhibitors at this year’s event, I knew 61 of these companies. Again, many of the owners, business developers and marketers are friends of mine.
Then all of the attendees who showed up. Even more good people, many I know and got to say hello to for the first time in months, if not a year or longer.
The conversations I got to hear and engage in were positive and often interesting.
I really enjoyed the Winston-Salem Business Expo of 2013
I heard interesting and often humorous little sound bites like:
- “You can have the only water in the desert, but if you don’t have a sign no one’ll find you.”
- “I love these events. I get to see friends and partners that I don’t see regularly.”
- “I’m not here to sell anything. I just want to make some new connections for future opportunities.”
- “Where have you been. I miss you friend.”
- “I’m having fun meeting lots of fabulous people.”
- “Inmar used to be one of the best kept secrets in WS. We love our community & want to be a part of it. We don’t want to be a secret any more.”
- “This is my first time here. This is really cool.”
I watched people meet for the first time and strike up long conversations.
I watched people’s expressions and attentiveness as they listened to the Technology Briefing speakers with awe, amazement and excitement.
I heard one business owner say, “Wow, not one word about tobacco, textile or furniture. It’s a new Winston-Salem folks.”
I talked with one entrepreneur who said, “I like this town. There is so much going on. I need to be paying more attention to what is happening, otherwise I might miss something really really important.”
I look forward to participating again next year in an even more interesting and exciting Expo. Who knows, maybe I’ll get to say hello to even more good friends.
Join us for the Winston-Salem Business Expo of 2014 and experience it yourself.
Part 2 of this series will be about the Technology Briefing presenters and their presentations.