Job Searching is tough work, but it’s important
I had the pleasure of working with 20 really good people today.
They are all unemployed and searching for what the future has in store for them.
They are all in different industries and across all levels of experience, education, skill sets and functional areas of business. A very diverse group of people, with the exception of one area.
For each of them, Job Searching is tough work.
During the introduction phase of the meeting it became very clear that to all of these folks they feel that
Job Searching is tough work
The scheduled topic today was “Managing the job search process,” however because it was clear that many of the attendees of this meeting were suffering from lack of motivation, not enough positive attitude or belief in themselves, we changed the subject.
We decided to talk about how to create and maintain a Positive attitude, how to stay motivated and how to deal with the stress that Job search causes.
Here are the bullet points of ideas that the group came up with and shared with each other in order to deal with Job Searching is tough work.
What ideas do you have to stay the course. To be motivated enough to keep going despite all the problems,
- Get some exercise – even a little is better than none at all
- Look for and strive to achieve small victories. Anything that you can celebrate is good for motivation
- Focus on others, volunteer, give, help, never focus on yourself
- Take a break, there is no race; however be focused on the plan and get back to it soon
- Believe in yourself. If you can’t figure out why and fix it. You have to believe in yourself
- You have a Mind, Body & Soul. Exercise and nurture all three areas every day
- Give yourself small treats for success and accomplishments. Nothing lavish, just a few simple trinkets, cookies or ice cream.
- Find quiet time. In order for you to think, dream, ponder, imagine.
Work on being Positivity
Being positive can make the job search process more successful and enjoyable.
Here are some ideas the group brought up regarding how to stay positive.
- Make something or bake something.
- Hang out with positive people
- RUN from those who are not positive
- Read good books
- Love or at least accept change
- Look for stuff that is positive
- Visualize yourself doing what you want to do or achieving your goals
- Learn something new every day
- Have a plan that includes daily goals
- Share positive ideas, thoughts, quotes etc with others
The reason this is important is that you’ll need motivation and a positive attitude in order to achieve anything you are striving to achieve, especially when it’s tough to do.
Furthermore, when others see that you are motivated and that you have a positive attitude, they will want to join you and even help you.
Job Searching is tough work – strive to motivate yourself and have a positive attitude. It’ll help you achieve success.