A LinkedIn Company Page is a great way to promote your business.
Your LinkedIn Company Page is a fabulous way to showcase your consultancy business or coaching business.
A LinkedIn Company Page can even add value to your business marketing strategy.
There are a few pre-requisites that you need to consider prior to beginning to build your LinkedIn Company Page.
- You must have a private domain email account.
- This can not be a Gmail.com, msn.com, aol.com, triad.rr.com, email account. You will have to register a domain name with one of the domain registrars and setup your email through one of the cloud based email services or self-host your own email server (I don’t recommend this for solo-preneurs.)
- Consider contacting Google, Microsoft, or Other cloud based hosting service that allows you to use your own Domain Name.
- Recommendation – forward your other email accounts into this one private domain email account for simplicity
- You will need various images for your Company Page Logo, small logo & banner images, products/services. These images have various sizes, so know how to create your own images (I don’t recommend this), or know a good graphic artist who can help you create & modify these images.
- You will need to know how to describe your business and services in well crafted words. If you are not a wordsmith, know a good editor/writer who can help you craft these messages.
- LinkedIn company pages can redirect to your company websites thru image hyperlinks and direct redirect links. If you have a company or business website, consider how your website is setup in regards to your LinkedIn Company Page and related hyperlinks.
Use Add Company Page link on the Company area of LinkedIn to create a new Company Page. You will need to validate your Company Email address prior to finalizing your LinkedIn Company Page.
You can assign multiple Page Administrators to your LinkedIn Company Page. I suggest you have two or three administrators who will work together to build and manage your LinkedIn Company Page. Don’t try to build a page in a vacuum or by yourself.
If you need help determining your LinkedIn Company Page strategy and setup, reach out to me and let’s talk. I love to help companies get value out of their LinkedIn use and presence.
Contact Me if you want to talk