The definition of Antisocial is: The shunning of the society of others; not being sociable. Being hostile to or disruptive of the established social order. Being marked by or engaging in behavior that violates accepted mores. Lastly, being antagonistic toward, disrespectful of others and sometimes just plain rude.
The definition of Social Media is: Media for social interaction, using highly accessible and scalable publishing techniques. Social media uses web-based technologies to turn communication into interactive dialogues. Social media allows the creation and exchange of user-generated content. A common thread running through all definitions of social media is a blending of technology and social interaction for the co-creation of value.
OK, enough of the english study.
Let me bring this together by defining the two variations of Antisocial Social Media:
Shunning the society of others:
- Having a LinkedIn profile and not interacting with anyone either directly or indirectly thru groups
- Having a Facebook profile and not sharing stories, pictures or any interesting information
- Having a Blog and never sharing any stories or engaging ideas
- Having a Twitter profile and never tweeting
- Setting up a Google+ profile and leaving it naked and idle
Being hostile and antagonistic:
- Using your Facebook profile only to post political, religious comments and stories
- Using your LinkedIn profile only to promote your business and/or products
- Writing a Blog filled with white papers and case studies of your business or products
- Tweeting self promoting tweets and ignoring everyone else’s ideas and stories
Do any of these bullet points, or similar ones represent you? If so, you are AntiSocial at Social Media and need an immediate Social Media Intervention. If you can’t find friends to do this, I have an alternative for you to use.
Here are three steps you need to begin executing immediately in order to correct this serious failure:
- Start listening to what other people are saying thru Social Media and begin engaging in conversations with them
- Completely stop talking about yourself, your business and your products thru Social Media
- Begin sharing TRUHE (Transparent, Relevant, Useful, Honest & Engaging) content thru Social Media
These three steps can cure your AntiSocial Social Media behavior.