Day 3 Class Notes:
Many of you asked for information about local Toastmasters clubs:
The big listing – Winston-Salem NC Toastmaster Clubs
Northwestern Toastmasters is the club that I am the most familiar with – good people, they meet on 1st, 3rd & 5th Tuesdays of each month. Please let me know if you visit this club. I would love to attend with you if my schedule permits.
Judy Holcomb-Pack is a friend of mine who runs the Mercury Club that meets at Mayberry’s in Winston-Salem on 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of each month, again the same times.
Empire Club meets on 1st & 3rd Wednesdays downtown WS from 11:45 am – 12:45 pm.
Here is a list of Job Search Resources that may be useful to you
Here is the Blog post regarding LinkedIn Recommendations (how to give & receive them)
Here is the sample LinkedIn Activity Calendar
It was a pleasure working with all of you. Please let me know how else I can assist you.
Day 2 class notes:
You should now know how to update your profile
You should now know how to search for people on LinkedIn
Here are some additional notes to read
LinkedIn Recommendations (how to give & receive them)
Start connecting with people you know
See you next Tuesday
Day 1 class notes:
Great to meet everyone today
Remember these acronyms:
TRUHE – Transparent, Relevant, Useful, Honest, Engaging
4Cs of Social Media – Contribute, Connect, Connect & Cram
The videos I showed came from this collection I use regularly:
- SocialNomics 3 Video – http://youtu.be/fpMZbT1tx2o
- Who are you video – http://youtu.be/ylGVFxBwri8
- People are strange – http://youtu.be/_b3XxWYBxGo
- Social Media Intern – http://youtu.be/auiczd4OUms
- Social Media ROI – http://youtu.be/qNL8vAnZ-BY
- What is Twitter – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z84dh24ly1c
Twitter – We will talk only a little bit about Twitter in this class. Here is a blog post about the basics of Twitter to help move us forward with Twitter education. Ask me questions as you want regarding using Twitter for job search.
Facebook – We talked a little about Facebook in class today. The most important thing to remember is to go experience and pay attention to what is important, ignore the rest.
AK got me thinking about a top 10 list for this class. Let’s start building one now
Top 10 Social Media Points for Job Seekers should do include:
- Only do, say and engage on Social Media in a way you want to be seen, heard and perceived by others in public.
- Manage your Social Media Settings – You are responsible for knowing what these settings are and the defaults may not be what you want.
- Being in any Social Media platform is not enough. You must Engage and you do this by Contributing, Collaborating, Connecting and Cramming
- More to come!!!
Here is the Resource Material I promised:
How to setup Google Chrome to load your website pages on loadup – Google Chrome Setup Video
Your Home work is:
- If you do not have a LinkedIn Profile – Create one.
- Review the Resource Material above
- Connect with Teddy Burriss (email@example.com) on LinkedIn (if you like)
- Build your Target List of companies you think you would like to work for (or at least know more about)
- See everyone on Thursday.