Task: Creating a Twitter Account
Tools: Computer (PC or Mac), Web Browser (Chrome, FireFox, Internet Explorer), your personal email address, a unique (& remembered) password, 15 minutes of your time.
Why: In order to use Twitter for Business, Community or Job Search, you need a personal profile of your own.
Steps: I will outline the basic steps of creating a new Twitter Account; however these steps can change over time. It is important to pay attention to the options and directions that Twitter has on the screen during this task.
- From your web browser, go to www.Twitter.com
- Enter your Full Name in the Full Name Field
- Enter your personal email address in the Email Field
- Enter the password you want to use for Twitter in the Password field (this should not be your email account password. Be careful not to fat finger it and Don’t forget it)
- Click on Sign up for Twitter – Congratulations – You now have a Twitter Account
- Click on the down arrow on the Wheel and Edit Profile and the Settings of Twitter
This is the easiest step. Now, stop sharing, following and researching.
If you don’t know how to do this – look for me.
Join us on Social Media