I heard this bar scene story @ Converge South 2012 today (10/12/12). It’s a great analogy for marketing.
It was told to us by Jeff SanGeorge, a great Content marketing guy.
Here are some analogous examples of Marketing:
I’m sure I don’t have the story exactly correct – close though.
A guy goes to a bar and sees a girl sitting there
- He walks up to her and asks her to marry him – This is direct marketing
- Another friend of the guy walks up to her and says, “Marry that guy” – This is advertising
- When he says “You must marry me,” she smacks him – This is Customer Feedback
- The guy waits until the next day and calls her with a marriage proposal – This is telemarketing
- The guy takes her out on the town, great dinner, partys and lots of wining & dining. She waits patiently for him to ask her to marry him – This is how great Marketing, Content & Social Media Engagement work.
Join us on Social Media