Stress kills – So eliminate it as much as you can
Here are 30 ideas that can help you to reduce the stress that can ruin your life and the lives of the people around you.:
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say “No” to projects that won’t fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two is often too many.)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don’t lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern find out what your higher power would have you to do and let go of the anxiety. If you can’t do anything about a situation – forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don’t use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.,
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.
16. Carry something interesting with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough exercise.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
21. Write thoughts and inspirations down.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don’t wait until it’s time to go to bed to try and pray.
24. Make friends with good people.
25. Keep a folder of favorite quote/affirmation on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good.
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but yourself not at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
32. Sit on your ego.
33. Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36. Every night before bed, think of one thing you’re grateful for that you’ve never been grateful for before.
Do you feel just a little better already. Try these ideas and let me know if it helps.
— Author Unknown
repost with permission from Nigel Alston of Motivational Moments.