Here are my notes from today’s session
- Login to LinkedIn every day
- Massage your Profile and try to create a story instead of a sterile resume style profile. Remember – Bold, Powerful exciting words are part of a good story
- Check out new invites to connect – accept all that are are relevant in some way or another.
- Review the Stream on the main page – see what is going on and who is doing what
- Join relevant and useful groups – engage in discussions, start relevant discussions
- look at the members and find others who you can connect with and learn from
- Send honest and relevant connect requests to people you know and who know you
- Pay attention
- Look at your Skills & expertise
- Make sure these words tell the viewer who you are and what you can do
- Endorse others you know regarding their skills & expertise. (you will show up on other’s profiles and create more ways to be seen (do it honestly)
- If you get an endorsement you do not want, you can Hide it (click on the arrow on the right side of the skill word next to the endorsements you get.
- While Editing your Profile, Edit your Skills & expertise and if you click on a Skill word, Add Proficiency & Yrs of Experience. Recruiters love this info.
- Here is a list of the videos that I use in my presentations. there are some really good ones here.
- SocialNomics 3 Video – http://youtu.be/fpMZbT1tx2o
- Who are you video – http://youtu.be/ylGVFxBwri8
- People are strange – http://youtu.be/_b3XxWYBxGo
- Social Media Intern – http://youtu.be/auiczd4OUms
- Social Media ROI – http://youtu.be/qNL8vAnZ-BY
- What is Twitter – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z84dh24ly1c
- Good ideas come from – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NugRZGDbPFU
- Desire, Attitude & Passion Video – http://youtu.be/RU7w0Z35XEE
- Desire, Attitude & Passion Vid #2 – http://youtu.be/qX9FSZJu448
Please feel free to reach out to me via LinkedIn message if you have any questions about using LinkedIn.
Thanks for letting me share my experience with you.
Join us on Social Media