- Login to LinkedIn every day
- Massage your Profile and try to create a story instead of a sterile resume style profile. Remember – Bold, Powerful exciting words are part of a good story
- Check out new invites to connect – accept all that are are relevant in some way or another.
- Review the Stream on the main page – see what is going on and who is doing what
- Join relevant and useful groups – engage in discussions, start relevant discussions
- look at the members and find others who you can connect with and learn from
- Send honest and relevant connect requests to people you know and who know you
- Pay attention
- Look at your Skills & expertise
- Make sure these words tell the viewer who you are and what you can do
- Endorse others you know regarding their skills & expertise. (you will show up on other’s profiles and create more ways to be seen (do it honestly)
- If you get an endorsement you do not want, you can Hide it (click on the arrow on the right side of the skill word next to the endorsements you get.
- While Editing your Profile, Edit your Skills & expertise and if you click on a Skill word, Add Proficiency & Yrs of Experience. Recruiters love this info.
- Here is a list of the videos that I use in my presentations. there are some really good ones here.
- SocialNomics 3 Video – http://youtu.be/fpMZbT1tx2o
- Who are you video – http://youtu.be/ylGVFxBwri8
- People are strange – http://youtu.be/_b3XxWYBxGo
- Social Media Intern – http://youtu.be/auiczd4OUms
- Social Media ROI – http://youtu.be/qNL8vAnZ-BY
- What is Twitter – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z84dh24ly1c
- Good ideas come from – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NugRZGDbPFU
- Desire, Attitude & Passion Video – http://youtu.be/RU7w0Z35XEE
- Desire, Attitude & Passion Vid #2 – http://youtu.be/qX9FSZJu448
Please feel free to reach out to me via LinkedIn message if you have any questions about using LinkedIn.
Thanks for letting me share my experience with you.