Day 3 class notes for FTCC HRD
Resource – Onetcenter.org – Check out O*NET Online (scroll down to it). I do not know a lot about this resource right now, so, I encourage you to experience and experiment. I will look for training resources so I can get more aware of it’s value to job seekers.
http://ncwiseman.com/2012/10/par-statements – Review this article. The ideas here can help you to craft better experience descriptions as well as better resumes.
I hope you each learned a lot from the class. Please reach out to me if I can help you in any way. Good luck on your career transition journey. /Teddy
Day 1 & 2 class notes for FTCC HRD
It was great to work with all of you tonight (9/3/13) at the Social Media for Job Seekers Class. You asked me 2 questions tonight #1 – how to get rid of duplicate LinkedIn profiles – read this article Duplicate Profiles #2 – Tell me more about the Job Search Resources (local groups to help job seekers) I volunteer at the Career Support Network that meets on Wednesdays from Noon – 2pm.
I hope you have benefited from the first FTCC HRD Class
Here are some articles that would be good to read: Don’t try to do all of this at once. Pace yourself *** – the most useful articles for new LinkedIn users
- How To – Making LinkedIn Connections – ***
- 65 Big LinkedIn Tips
- Your Skills are stale
- How to setup LinkedIn Settings – ***
- Hiding on LinkedIn
- To hide or not hide
- When should I change my employment status
- LinkedIn Skills and Expertise – ***
- Creating & Building a LinkedIn Profile – ***
- Pathetic LinkedIn Profiles
- LinkedIn Add Connections Function
- LinkedIn Connection Statement
- Excuse me, your Billboard Ad is wrong
- Help me build Connections
- Job Seekers LinkedIn Groups
- LinkedIn Connection Requests
- LinkedIn Groups – Join, Share, Benefit
- Quality LinkedIn Recommendations – ***
Your FTCC HRD Home work for tomorrow is:
- Connect with Teddy Burriss (TLBurriss@teddyburriss.com) on LinkedIn
- Begin to build your LinkedIn Profile.
- Ask me any questions via LinkedIn Messages (inbox) if you need to.